Nashville, TN —June 1, 2017)— When Natchez Hills Vineyard and Winery opens its second satellite tasting room at the Nashville Farmer’s Market in June, it will not only be a great place for wine aficionados to sample the winery’s award-winning wines, it will become the Farmer’s Market first venture into offering a Tennessee produced wine to their patrons, seven days a week.
Since planting their vines in 2008, Natchez Hills Vineyard and Winery has seen strong, steady growth including a tasting room at the Vineyard. In addition, they have operated a tasting room since 2015 at the Fontanel in Whites Creek.
The new Natchez Hills Winery at the Market will offer the experience of visiting the original tasting room at the Vineyard, right in the heart of Music City. Operating seven days a week, guests can sample old-world wines while being guided by an associate on the history of the vineyard as well as the varietals being sampled. All wines will also be available for purchase by the glass, or in a flight, which may be enjoyed in a designated area across from the main tasting bar in the market house. Market customers will also be able to purchase bottles of wine unopened that they may take home to enjoy, including bottle sales on Sunday.
In addition to the wine, Natchez Hills Winery at the Market will offer a selection of regionally sourced cured meats, cheeses, and artisan baked goods as pairings to the wine tasting experience or to take home. There will also be a selection of Pick TN and
Tennessee artisan crafts available for retail purchase. One of the unique wines visitors can look forward to sampling is Naughty TEA, which is a proprietary Tea Wine made from 100% natural sweet tea that goes through the wine fermentation process. Other Natchez Hills’ wines that will be available for tasting and purchase, in the tasting room include:
• Sauvignon Blanc: Clean and sharp with an impression of lemon and wheat.
• Riesling: Off-dry Riesling with nose and notes of pear and citrus.
• Harmony: A delightfully sweet table white with notes of honey, citrus and peach.
• Sunset Blush: Light, clean, crisp and refreshing with notes of Granny Smith apples.
• Alicante Bouschet: Full bodied flavor, with concentrated aromas of blackberry, blueberry, and cherry mingle with black pepper undertones.
• Merlot: Medium bodied with notes of Bing Cherry and Chocolate. Aged for 6 months in French Oak
• Ridgetop Red Our off-dry red blend starts slightly sweet but ends dry. Notes of dark cherry and currant.
• Blackberry: Made from 100% Tennessee grown blackberries, and nothing else.
• Blueberry: Sixteen varietals of blueberries, refreshingly sweet and tart.
“The new tasting room represents an amazing opportunity for us to connect with the Nashville community because we believe our values and strategic vision align perfectly with the Farmers Markets’ mission for showcasing Pick TN Products. All while championing a growing Tennessee Wine industry” Said Jim Odom, Owner of Natchez Hills.
“The addition of the tasting room, grab and go menu and featured Pick TN products offers Market customers a unique opportunity to taste, explore and learn more about wines and other food products produced throughout Tennessee,” said Tasha Kennard, the executive director of the Nashville Farmers’ Market.
The Grand Opening of the new Natchez Hills Winery at the Market is set for Saturday, June 3rd, 2017.
*Note – New tasting room is located at the Nashville Farmers’ Market 900 Rosa L Parks Blvd. Nashville, TN 37208