Wine Tasting Room Sales Associate - Part Time
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet all visitors to the winery and pour wines for tasting.
- Create a memorable experience for the guests
- Describe wines and winery history; answer visitors’ questions about wines.
- Promote Wine Club and Online Web Sales.
- Provide general tourist information.
- Handle routine sales transactions which include operating POS and accounting of daily sales.
- Assist with display and stocking of retail items and wines
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of facilities.
- Assist with hospitality special events as needed.
- Represent winery at outside functions as needed.
- Preparing food items from our limited menu, including slicing bread, cured meats and cheeses.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Checking stock levels and requesting supplies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
The ideal candidate will be extremely detail‐oriented, with previous retail sales experience or wine and food service experience. Natchez Hills is a service‐oriented establishment and exceptional customer service skills are an absolute necessity. The ability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced work environment is key.
- Strong public speaking skills, excellent customer service skills.
- Wine & Spirits knowledge or experience
- Motivated self-starter, outgoing, gregarious personality, articulate, and charismatic.
- Adept at selling and interacting with diverse groups of people
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to pick up 40 pounds, unassisted without causing injury to yourself.
- Must be willing and able to stoop, bend, stand in place for 4 hour periods.
- Must have dependable transportation.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have access to a computer or smart phone.
Tasting Room Sales Associates will be expected to work 3-5 days per week. Set schedule with some flexibility, but does require weekend work. This is a part‐time position with wine and retail discounts. Tasting Room Sales Associates receive a set hourly wage, plus tips and incentives. This position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, brief cover letter detailing why you think you would be perfect to join our team to email@example.com
Job Type: Part-time with set schedule
Salary: $10 an hour plus tips (Can average out to between $16 - $18 per hour with tips.)