Wine Tasting Room Manager - Full Time
We are looking for a candidate who is self-guided, passionate, and is excited to be a part of a growing local winery. The ideal Tasting Room Manager will be a highly experienced professional, with a strong work ethic. Representing the Natchez Hills Brand both in the Tasting Room and in public.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively hire, train, and manage tasting room staff including, but not limited to, provide constant direction and motivation so that employees know how to properly promote and represent NHV brand, provide superior customer service, apply appropriate and effective sale’s techniques.
- Maintain a pleasant, positive, can-do, team oriented environment focused on superior customer service and growing the winery brand and meeting sales and profitability goals.
- In coordination with NHV Marketing team, create and execute initiatives that drive tasting room sales and profitability by promoting special initiatives such as special discount offers; newsletter, refer a friend program, wine club membership and any other special offers or initiatives promoted at different times.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for tasting room, manage day to day operations, including maintaining a thoughtful, inviting, and clean room and surrounding grounds.
- Prepare and maintain monthly calendar/ schedule for tasting room employees.
- Coordinate with partners on all tasting room events.
- Perform inventory of and purchasing of all office and cleaning supplies, wine accessories, clothing, gift items and food items sold in the tasting room.
- Perform weekly inventory of wine according to prescribed procedures.
- Perform requested tasks of Managers/ Owners and discern and communicate important information to Managers/ Owners.
- Conduct VIP wine tastings that are consistent, entertaining, educational, and profitable.
- Develop partnerships with other organizations and businesses to help drive visibility of the tasting room.
- Handle routine sales transactions which include operating POS and accounting of daily sales.
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly sales tracking spreadsheets.
- Submit all reports to accounting and senior management as required, including daily sales, monthly inventory, and monthly performance analysis.
- Preparing food items from our menu, including slicing cured meats and cheeses.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
The ideal candidate will be extremely detail‐oriented, with previous retail sales experience or wine and food service experience. Natchez Hills is a service‐oriented establishment and exceptional customer service skills are an absolute necessity. The ability to multi‐task in a fast‐paced work environment is key.
- College degree in business/retail management, hospitality or wine marketing, or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience, ideally in sales focused organizations.
- Three to five years of prior relevant retail tasting room or consumer direct sales experience; or restaurant/café management preferred.
- Exceptional people and sales skills. Strong rapport-building with both customers and the community.
- Excellence in creating and providing guest experiences in keeping with winery’s core values and brand image.
- Ability to handle stressful situations while remaining calm and service focused.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals with the ability to accurately forecast and plan via sound business analysis.
- Ability to develop and execute new plans and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train, manage and motivate teams.
- Knowledge of wine, wine production and the wine industry.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while maintaining a high level of detail is required.
- Strong work ethic with ability to take initiative, work independently, and be self-directed.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level is required. Excel skills to include monthly sales summaries and budgets.
- Functional understanding of CRM and POS systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. and stand for extended periods.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
The Tasting Room Manager will be expected to work 40 hours a week. Set schedule with some flexibility, but does require weekend work. This is a full‐time position with wine and retail discounts. The Tasting Room Manager receive a set hourly wage, plus tips and incentives. This position will remain open until filled.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, brief cover letter detailing why you think you would be perfect to join our team to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000 - $34,000 BOE, plus tips, plus incentives.